Next Career Fair: Wednesday, September 16, 2020
The Engineering Career Center sponsors Career Fairs during the fall and spring semesters. Target hundreds of students from a variety of engineering and computing disciplines and levels.
Location & Schedule Details
The fall career fair will be VIRTUAL using the Career Fair Plus platform on your device.
Fall Career Fair: 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Virtual Career Fair Training
Recruiters learn all about the platform and how you can be successful with this webinar:
- You can choose a Tuesday webinar to see how it works.
- You can choose a Thursday webinar to see how it works.
We will send recruiters an invitation to log on to Career Fair Plus to set up your booth and adjust your schedule on August 26. Students will be invited to start populating your video chat schedule on September 2.
View the Q&A webinar with the Engineering Career Center: HERE
Video preview of the day of the event from the employer's side: HERE
Video preview from the student's side: HERE
Why should I attend the Engineering and Computing Career Fair?
- Increase your company's visibility with engineering and computing students
- Fall attendance: 1,000+ students and alumni
- Spring attendance: 700+ students and alumni
- Screen candidates at the fair and take advantage of Next-Day Interviews
- Develop early connections with first-year students, Sophomores, and Juniors
- Collect resumes and build a pool of candidates for current and future hiring needs
Who will be there?
- Current University of Kansas students (any major)
- Previous students or alumni of University of Kansas (any major)
- Current students attending KU pre-engineering or dual degree engineering programs at Baker University and Washburn University
- Current students attending KU dual degree IT program at Johnson County Community College.
- Current students attending Haskell Indian Nations University - as part of the Haskell / KU Partnership
- Individuals who attended other colleges/universities outside of the area may pre-register to attend by requesting reciprocal services.
Registration & Fees
Standard Registration: $200*
Non-Profit/Government Employers: $100*
For virtual career fairs, the fee includes:
- Video chat capability for up to 10 company representatives. Virtual career fairs are online 'events' that allow employers and students to meet in virtual environments such as through voice calls or video chat rooms. Employers will have the ability to virtually screen quality candidates, receive electronic resumes and save time and costs associated with traveling to participate in on-site events. We will be working with Career Fair Plus to host our upcoming virtual career fair, to create an intuitive, user-friendly experience for students and employers.
Acceptable Payment Methods:
- Check: Please make checks payable to "Engineering Career Center"
- Credit Card: To pay with a credit card, click through to the secure e-commerce link on your invoice (available after you register)
Next-Day Interviews are still available in person the day after the Career Fair. Interviewing typically goes on from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Next-day interviews will be held in the Burge Union.
We invite you to take advantage of the convenient opportunity to interview the great students you meet at our career fairs. With Next-Day Interviews, you can create your own interview schedule as students interact with your organization at the Career Fair. Invite the students who interest you to interview the next day, and select a time slot that is mutually agreeable.
We provide tables in a large room setting, free parking and lunch.
For questions about Next-Day Interviews, please contact Kristi Kamm at firstname.lastname@example.org.