Jayhawks on the Job
Employer Hosts - Sign-up to host students at your location.
Students - Sign-up to job shadow by December 7th.
What is it?
Jayhawks on the Job is an event sponsored by the Engineering Career Center that allows students to “shadow” an engineering or computing professional for an afternoon. Because this is a career exploration program, freshmen and sophomore students are given preference.
When is it?
During winter break: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 from 1:00-4:30pm.
Where is it?
Jayhawks on the Job takes place at the host organization's location.
Objectives of the program:
- To provide students with a focused experience that enhances their understanding of a particular field
- To provide an opportunity for students to learn more about themselves and their career goals
- To provide an opportunity for students to network with engineering and computing professionals
- To provide an opportunity for the engineering/computing community to interact with KU School of Engineering students
- Engineering and computing professionals are recruited.
Sign up is now open for Jayhawks on the Job 2019.
Sign-up to host students at your location.
- Students register to participate.
Sign-up to job shadow now.
- After final exams, we will notify students and hosts about their matches
- On the day of the event, students accompany professional hosts through a normal workday afternoon
- Hosts are encouraged to involve students in as many activities as possible
For more information, contact Kristi Kamm at email@example.com or 785-864-2920.